Medical on-call service
Life-threatening emergencies - dial 112!
In case of life-threatening emergencies (e.g. heart attack, acute bleeding or poisoning) please alert the emergency services by dialing 112 !
The nationwide telephone number: 116117
f you are not life-threateningly ill, but medical treatment cannot wait until the next (working) day, dial 116117 (free of charge, without area code).
This number is available at the following times:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday:
- 19:00 - 07:00 the following day
- 14:00 – 07:00 the following day
Saturday, Sunday, holidays, bridge days, 24, 31.12.
- 07:00 – 07:00 the following day
The trained staff will provide a medical assessment of your concerns. They will tell you which on-call practice is open in your area or which on-call doctor is on duty. If necessary, a medical home visit will be arranged for you.
An overview of the on-call practices in the Erzgebirgskreis can be found at:
On-call dental service
Outside the designated office hours, there is still an on-call service for treatments that cannot be postponed in case of particular urgency. The dentists are available by telephone for the following emergencies in particular:
- Accidental injuries in the dental, oral and maxillofacial region such as tooth and jaw fractures, lip or tongue injuries. A presentation in a medical emergency room to rule out life-threatening injuries should be made in advance.
- Postoperative bleeding after dental surgical procedures, such as tooth extractions or apicectomies
- febrile, purulent inflammation of the dental system
- Swelling with swallowing and breathing restrictions
Veterinary on-call service
The information about the veterinary on-call service is provided by the district office Erzgebirgskreis.
Under the following link you can access the on-call services: